Monday, April 14, 2014

Cherimoya Parfait - Raw Vegan Smoothie


Cherimoya Parfait - Raw Vegan Smoothie

I have a new love and it's name is Cherimoya!  I won a tropical fruit box on Instagram via one of the other IG accounts I follow.  Anyway, the fruit box arrived from Melissa's Produce and I was floored by the amount of fruit that was in it!  Most of them I had never had, but have been wanting to try.  I was beyond excited!

This delicious custard like fruit (it is also known as a "custard apple") is amazing and I'm completely hooked - so is Mark.  It's a little bit of work to get all the big seeds out and scrape the fruit off of the peel - do NOT eat the peel - but believe you me it is more than worth it!   

Cherimoya Fruit

This took a bit of time with the layering process as I wanted it to look as delicious as it tastes!  Friday's are my days off so I had plenty of time. I was going to also garnish it, but I love the way it turned out as is. And the taste... out of this world! Like a pudding smoothie.

Cherimoya Parfait Smoothie

Green layer:
2 frozen bananas
1 huge handful spinach
2 Tbs hemp heart seeds
1 Tbs flax meal
1/2 cup water (adjust as needed)
1 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder (optional)

Blend, pour into a separate container and put in freezer while making next layer.

Cream layer:
1 cherimoya - peeled and seeded
1 frozen banana

Blend, pour *half* of the mixture into separate container and put in freezer.

Orange layer:
With remaining cream layer in blender, add 1 Tbs goji berries and blend.

Take the containers out of the freezer and get ready to create!  After each layer, put the glass in freezer for about 5-10 minutes to let it set up (not frozen solid). With a small spatula or spoon, slowly add in another layer - start around the rim/inside of the glass first then work your way into the middle - this helps to keep the layers separate.  Do as many layers as you wish or simply blend everything together.  You can eat this super thick n creamy delicious parfait smoothie with a spoon or drink it with a straw. 

While waiting in between layers, you can do Sun Salutations or the dishes - your choice. Enjoy!

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki