Thursday, April 17, 2014

Raw Chocolate Almond Bars

Raw Chocolate Almond Bars


Prior to going raw, I thought the one thing I would no longer be able to have was chocolate.  Not that I ate a lot of chocolate candies, but I've always loved chocolate in a variety of ways.  In fact, I used to buy the organic vegan chocolate bars and they would actually last me a whole week because I would only eat a little square each day.

As you can see above, as well as many of my other recipes here and on Instagram, chocolate is still in my life - but now it is healthy raw cacao and tastes so very good! 

This chocolate bar recipe is a variation of several others I make and is very versatile.  Next time I make a batch I'll take pictures of all the silicone molds that I use and the different types of candies from bars to yummy fillings.

Raw Chocolate Almond Bars

1/2 cup cacao powder
3 Tbs agave (or maple syrup is fine)
1/2 cup coconut oil (liquid form)
2 Tbs grated cacao butter (melt the raw way or as you wish)
1 tsp vanilla
pinch sea salt
almonds pieces - or can omit

In a bowl wisk all ingredients except almonds. Pour into molds of choice (I use silicone molds) or a tinfoil lined dish.  Add desired amount of almonds on top. Put in freezer for at least 60-90 minutes or until hard. Remove from molds, test for chocolaty goodness and store in freezer... if they make it that far.

Note: these will start to get a little melty if left at room temperature for too long, maybe 10 minutes or so.  I'm still working on a chocolate recipe to give it a longer counter life - but then again I don't thing they would last that long anyway ;)

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki