Thursday, April 24, 2014

Becoming Raw Book and Rocki's Tropical Peachy Green Smoothie

Becoming Raw Book and Rocki's Tropical Peachy Green Smoothie

If you're new to raw or thinking about becoming a raw vegan, I highly recommend this book: Becoming Raw.  This is one of the first of several books I bought when Mark and I started on our raw path almost 2 years ago.  I keep this informative guide book in my kitchen and still reference it - and learn something new each time.

While this is not a recipe book, it does have a few in there.  But in short, it is a complete book filled with science-based raw vegan nutrition from A to Z - and much more. This easy to read book is packed full with a wealth of information and truly is an "essential guide to raw vegan diets".

I'm including my smoothie recipe in this post since I do have it pictured.  That would be rude of me if I didn't ;)

Tropical Peachy Green Smoothie

2 handfuls baby spinach
1 peach (or 1 cup frozen)
1 large frozen banana
1 Tbs dried coconut shreds
1 piece peeled turmeric (approx. 1")
1 Tbs flax meal
1 Tbs maca powder
3/4 cup coconut water (adjust as needed)

Blend in a powerful blender and enjoy.

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki