Friday, March 28, 2014

Raw Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake

Raw Vegan Cheesecake - Raspberry Lemon
 
I don't make these types of desserts too often, but when I do, I have so much fun creating!  I thought of a few more ways to garnish my raw vegan cheesecake while Mark and I were enjoying bite after bite, but looks like I'll have to do that next time.

 
Red, White and Blue - and lemon too!

Just a pretty view from the top, looking down on all that natural fruity goodness!


Nut-free crust, fresh lemon juice, red raspberries and creamy lemon cheesecake filling!

One thing I like to do is keep it low fat.  I know, we're already eating low fat.  We love nuts, but I don't like to over do it, especially since the base for the creamy lemon filling is made with cashews.  So I used one of my basic nut-free crust recipes as a graham cracker type base and it was perfect!
  

Yummy dessert!

My official taste tester, who does not like traditional cheesecake or any type of cheesecake for that matter, gave two thumbs up and a BIG cheezy grin (pun intended) that he approves this recipe.  I asked if I needed to make any changes or if there was too much or too little of anything.  He said, and I quote: "too little." I said okay, too little of what?  He said: "too little of a slice!"  Yep, he was correct.  He got another slice. 


Raw Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake
8" springform pan

Crust:
1 cup flax meal
1/4 cup dried coconut shreds
1/4 cup hemp heart seeds
1/2 cup medjool dates (or dates of choice)

Put all ingredients into food processor and process until mixture can hold together by a few pinches with your fingers.  Do not over process - this crust resembles a graham cracker type crust.  Put crust into an 8" springform pan and press down evenly and firmly.  Put in fridge.

Lemon Filling:
2 cups cashews - soaked for at least 4 hours, rinse and drain
1/4 cup coconut milk (can substitute with almond milk)
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup coconut oil (liquefied)
1/3 cup agave
1 tsp vanilla
pinch sea salt

In vitamix/blender, blend until smooth and creamy.  Pour into crust filled springform pan and spread evenly around.  Put into freezer uncovered for at least 90 minutes or until the top is somewhat firm to touch.

Raspberry Puree:
2 cups frozen raspberries (or fresh)
1/3 cup agave
1 Tbs coconut oil (liquefied)

Blend all ingredients until well combined.  Pour into a measuring glass and set in fridge to chill. 

After lemon filling is set, slowly pour the raspberry puree on top and spread around evenly.  Put back in freezer for several hours - I left mine in over night.  Remove from freezer and springform about 60-75 minutes prior to serving.  Top with berries of choice or leave as is - perfect either way. 

Peace☮
Rocki


p.s.
If you want more of my recipes sooner than later, I post on IG (Instagram) daily.  While I do post regularly here on my new blog, sometimes life takes over and IG is quicker.  However, plans are to post more often here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki