Thursday, March 27, 2014

Raw Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl

Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Smoothie

I love carrots! Especially organic carrots.  Not just because they're clean, but they are also sweet and oh so tasty.

What steered me in this direction, to make this delectable smoothie creation, is the color orange.  Ever turn I made there it was - orange.  From carrots to fruits, clothing to flowers, the cool motorcycle I was behind and even my big knife with the orange handle.  So I took the hint and went from there.

Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl

Gooey Crumble:
2 dates
small handful walnuts
pinch of cinnamon

With fork and knife, or hands, crumble together in the old fashioned way.  This is fun and gooey. Set aside.

Smoothie:
1 super large organic carrot or 2 average size
2 frozen bananas
1/4 cup hemp milk (or milk of choice. adjust as needed)
a few shakes of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg

Blend smoothie ingredients until creamy. It will be somewhat thick, but if you want it thinner, add some water a little at a time until you've reached the desired texture. 

Put a little of the gooey crumble at the bottom of bowl, mug or dish of choice - this is for when you've finished the smoothie, you can enjoy the last little bits.  Pour into dish. Stick gooey crumble on side of dish and lick fingers - this is so while you're enjoying the smoothie you can take a pinch, dip it in the bowl and pop it in your mouth.

Say it with me: mmmmmmmm!

Peace☮
Rocki

p.s.
If you want more of my recipes sooner than later, I post on IG (Instagram) daily.  While I do post regularly here on my new blog, sometimes life takes over and IG is quicker.  However, plans are to post more often here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki