Monday, May 5, 2014

Raw Green Protein Bars - Vegan and Gluten-Free

Raw Green Protein Bars

The other day I experimented and created another new recipe that turned out awesome! I make a variety of energy bars, but this one is different. These earthy tasty bars are very nutritious (not a dessert bar) and because of the nutrients in them, I had a hard time coming up with a name. So I decided on Raw Green Protein Bars. 

These make an excellent travel pick-me-up bar, but need to be kept chilled for long distance. I tested them out and they did well at room temp for a few hours and only got soft, not melty - in the southwest.  I'm going to experiment a bit more with these to see if I can get a longer lasting bar without having to be chilled.

Go Green!

Raw Green Protein Bars - Vegan and Gluten-Free

1 heaping cup packed medjool dates
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 Tbs goji berries
2 Tbs flax meal
1 Tbs spirulina
1/4 cup raw vegan protein powder (I use Sunwarrior Warriors Blend Natural)
2 Tbs almond butter

In food processor, process all ingredients until mixture starts holding together and you can form a ball with it.  Mixture will be warm and play-do like.  Put into an over lined 7x5 pan and press down firmly.  Cover lightly with the wrap and freeze for approximately 60 minutes.  Cut into small bars, bites or size of choice and store in fridge.

These can also be stored in the freezer as they will harden, but will soften up of course after a while - makes for a great on the go bar.

Enjoy!

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki