Monday, June 30, 2014

Raw Vegan Whipped Tators - Mashed Cauliflower

Raw Vegan Mashed "Tators" - cauliflower that is

Just because we eat a raw vegan "it's a lifestyle not a diet", doesn't mean we can't have mashed "tators".

When I first heard about cauliflower mashed tators I was intrigued.  Then I started playing around with recipe ideas - until I created this one.  Whenever we're in the mood for some good ol' whipped/mashed "tators", this is my go-to recipe.  It's smooth, fluffy and oh so yummy!

You can use fresh or frozen (defrosted of course), but I prefer the frozen cauliflower for this recipe.  I know... I hear the gasps, but for some reason frozen cauliflower is easier on my tummy than fresh.  Anyway... if you use fresh, you'll need to adjust the liquid.  This recipe is for frozen.


Raw Vegan Whipped "Tators" - Mashed Cauliflower

1 16oz bag frozen cauliflower - defrosted
1/8 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 cup cashews - soaked for at least 4 hours then rinse & drain
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp sea salt - or to taste
1/8 tsp white pepper - or to taste
1 Tbs of EVO (extra virgin olive oil)

Put all ingredients into high speed blender and blend until smooth & creamy.  If it is too thick, thin it out by adding more almond milk a little at a time until desired consistency.  Top with black pepper, take a bite, smile and enjoy!

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki