Sunday, June 22, 2014

Raw Vegan Brownie Bars

Raw Vegan Brownie Bars

Here is another version of my raw vegan brownies.  You can never have too many brownie recipes.

This one I actually threw together because I was in need of a quick chocolate brownie fix.  We don't actually eat too many sweets.  Most of the desserts I make either go to Mark's work, family, or in the freezer for when we do want a treat.

Anyway, this recipe turned out very good.  Wish I would have taken more photos, but this is the only one as it was just going to be an Instagram post... didn't think I would blog about it, but it's too yummy and simple to not share.

Raw Vegan Brownie Bars

1 cup heaping pecans
1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut
1/3 cup hemp heart seeds
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 Tbs coconut oil (liquid)
1 cup packed medjool dates
pinch of sea salt

Place all ingredients in food processor and process until mixture is well combined - do not over process.  Test to make sure you can form a ball with it in your hands and then pop it into your mouth.  You need to make sure it tastes good, right?  

Press mixture firmly in a lined 7x5 glass dish.  I over wrap my dish then fold it back over while pressing down on it with a large spatula.  Place dish uncovered in freezer for at least 60 minutes.  Remove from dish and cut into desired size bars or bites and enjoy!

Store in fridge or freezer - if there's any left that is.

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki