Friday, January 2, 2015

Raw Cinnamon Chile Chocolate Truffles - Vegan and Gluten-Free

Raw Cinnamon Chili Chocolate Truffles

Wow... it surely has been a while since my last post!  So much has gone on over the past few months that I haven't been able to keep up with blogging, let alone other social sites.  All is well now.  The New Year is here and I'm ready to tackle whatever comes my way.

I made several treats for Mark's work last month and this is one of them.  I didn't take pics of the other goodies because I just wasn't in that mode.  Most of them were impromptu anyway and I didn't even write anything down.  However, this one I did because they were a big hit at his work... and are so yummy!

Cinnamon Chile Chocolate Truffles - raw and vegan of course!  Nope, they are not hot or spicy at all, there's just a subtle hint of spice.  In fact, you can omit or add more of the chile cocoa blend than what I have listed as I'm still tweaking them (I've made them twice... so far).  Plus they are not overly sweet, which I like, but you can also adjust that if you like it sweeter.


Raw Cinnamon Chile Chocolate Truffles
makes 30-34 balls, depending on how big you make them

1 cup walnuts
1 cup pecans
4 TBS heaping cacao
*1/4 tsp heaping cinnamon (I use Saigon Cinnamon)
*1/4 tsp heaping Cocoa Chile Blend
2 pinches sea salt

Place in food processor and pulse a few times or so until nuts are broken down a bit - don't over process or it will become too oily. 

Add in the following:

2 cups soft medjool dates (semi-packed)
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBS Agave or sweetener of choice (or adjust to desired sweetness)

Process until well combined and a big ball forms.  Depending on your processor, you may have to stop and scrap down the sides then start it again.  The mixture will be a little oily, but won't be once refrigerated.

Form the mixture into little balls or desired size.  I got 32 out of this batch, but would've been 34 had I not taste tested ;).  Place on a tray and loosely cover with wrap of choice then pop them in the fridge for a few hours to set.  Then put them into a container of choice and can either be stored in the fridge or freezer.  These are also very good right after making them.  Mmmmm!

*you can either omit the spices or increase the amount for more intense flavor.

Happy New Year!

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki