Saturday, September 6, 2014

Mexican Pizza - The Raw Vegan Way

Mexican Pizza - the Raw Vegan Way

We LOVE Mexican food (obviously) and could eat it 7 days a week.  Scratch that.  Make that Raw Vegan Mexican food.  Living here in the southwest we practically live on Mexican food.  In fact, Mark is getting much better with having a little heat in his food. 

Scratch that.  He now LOVES heat in his food.


Raw Mexican Pizza

I simply took one of my raw vegan pizza crusts out of the freezer (sometimes I make a few personal sized pizza crusts and store them in the freezer for up to a week, but they've never made it that long in there ;) and used the leftover walnut mushroom taco filling, mildly spicy hemp "cheese" and pico de gallo from the night before, along with some veggies and voila'!  Mexican pizza!

Eat the rainbow with my Raw Vegan Mexican Pizza!

You can find my pizza crust recipe here or for my soft corn tortillas go here - both raw and vegan of course.  My Walnut Mushroom Taco Filling is here  and my Pico de Gallo is here along with a nut-free taco filling.  Last but not least, is another version of my hemp cheese that I used for my Mexican pizza.

Hemp Cheese - Mildly Spicy version
 
1 yellow bell pepper
1 cup hemp heart seeds
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (needed for the "cheese" flavor)
1 large clove garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
juice from half a lemon
1/4 cup water (or more)
good pinch of sea salt
*optional: small pepper of choice for more heat (tastes yummy with or without)

Put all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and creamy.  You might have to work the ingredients down with a tamper (if using vitamix) or stop and push/scrape down as needed.  This will be somewhat thick and creamy, but you can adjust it with more water to thin it down to your liking.

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki