Saturday, August 2, 2014

Black Cherry Chocolate Smoothie

Vegan Smoothie - Black Cherry Chocolate

It's been quite hot out lately and that makes me more thirsty.  Well, "hot" is actually an understatement.  Last week we were over 110 degrees, as in 115 melt my brain degrees on Thursday.  Below is a screen shot of my phone in case you don't believe me.   However, the "Feels like 110°" part... I beg to differ.  Bear with me, I feel a wee rant coming on - blame it on the heat ;)

July 24, 2014... 115 degrees - hot is an understatement

Yes, I live in Arizona so I should accept the summer weather of 110° - pushing 120° (Yes, I lived here when we hit 122 OMG!° in 1990 and survived).  First off, let me say that I only live in Arizona and have nothing to do with the ignorant government and their policy's here in the great state of the sun.  I say this because lately AZ is in the news every time I turn around, and sadly not in a good way - it's embarrassing to say the least.  With that said, I do love the weather here.  I love the sunshine, wearing flip flops, shorts and tank dresses practically year round, the gorgeous sunsets, the beauty of the desert... but I do not like the brain melting, burn your hands on the steering wheel and your bum on the car seat type of heat.  Or the politics.

Rant over.

Not only in this type of heat, you need to drink plenty of fluids.  I love and drink plain fresh water from the time I get up until I go to bed.  Other than that, the only other drinks I have are my daily morning green smoothies, 1 cup of jo in the morning and my afternoon smoothie of choice.  Like my Black Cherry Chocolate Smoothie.  It is oh so delicious!

Black Cherry Chocolate Smoothie

1 frozen banana
1 non-frozen banana
1/2 cup blackberries
1/2 cup tart black cherries (or cherries of choice)
1 heaping TBS cacao powder
1 medjool date (or more if you like sweet - I don't like too sweet)
1/2 cup or more of cold water (adjust as needed)

Blend in high powered blender until smooth and creamy.  You can adjust the consistency for a thinner smoothie by adding more water.

Stay cool and enjoy!

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki