Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Raw Rocki's New Blog and Chocolate Shake Smoothie

Raw Vegan Chocolate Shake - Guilt-Free!

Welcome to my new blog!  My new home of raw vegan recipes and nutritional information for a healthy body and mind. You'll soon find recipes for green smoothies, juicing, and raw meals from breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snacks. Raw chocolate too! 

After 7 years of being on my other blog, and with the direction my life is taking me, I finally decided to start fresh.

I'll admit it was a little scary at first.  That's kind of odd really.  Scary?  It's not like I'm making a major life change or anything of that nature.  I guess it's because all my 'stuff' is over on my other blog and this one is naked.  Plus I'm known on that blog - well, not famously known, but people know where to find me.  I had given thought about changing my URL name, but apparently I can't do that without messing up the links to all of my posts.  Such is the blogging life.  I'll still post things over there that are not topic related to this blog though.

Change is good. 

Just to mention I have several recipes on my other blog that I'm going to be transferring to this one, as well as a ton more yet to post.  So I'll start with one of my favorite yummy shakes. You can't say no to a healthy chocolate shake in the middle of the afternoon, can you?  No way!  Especially since it is raw, vegan, gluten-free and nutritious with no processed sugar. 

Say it with me: "GUILT-FREE!"

Guilt-Free Chocolate Shake Smoothie

Step 1:
2 very ripe frozen bananas
1 cup pure coconut water
1 Tbs raw vegan protein powder
1 Tbs hemp heart seeds
vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla
1 cup ice

Blend the above.  Pour half or more of this vanilla mixture into a tall glass and leave the rest in the blender. 

Step 2:
Add 1 Tbs or more of cacao powder to the remaining mixture in the blender and blend briefly until combined.  Pour slowly on top of the vanilla mixture.  I garnished mine with coconut and cacao nibs, but you can garnish any way you want or not.

Note: if you do not have very ripe bananas and/or like it more on the sweeter side, simply add sweetener of choice in Step 1.

Peace,
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki